Get to know RELX’s External Affairs Director, Eddie Chew! He’s fighting to maintain commercial freedom through this challenging industry!
1. How would you explain your job in RELX?
The task is straightforward: defend RELX Technology’s licence to operate in Southeast Asia and Australasia. I’m also, fighting to maintain simple commercial freedoms often taken for granted by most except folks operating in controversial industries.
2. What’s your favourite part of being RELXer?
The start of a journey is often the hardest. It is professionally rewarding to be part of the team that will write the story of its success. I am confident it will be financially rewarding as well.
3. If you’re a RELX Pod Flavour, what would you be and why?
I can only be Classic Tobacco. I am the old fuddy-duddy in the company surrounded by young and highly energetic colleagues.
4. If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?
Reading minds. It would make my stakeholder engagement work so much easier. More importantly, I would win at poker all the time.
5. Sunshine or moonlight?
Sunshine. Moonlight. Good times. Boogie.
6. What’s one word that your team will most likely use to describe you?
The word my team is most likely to use to describe me is vintage. Kind of ancient in this company but hopefully still of value.
7. If you were in a magazine or news article tomorrow, what would the headline title be?
“A victory for science and common sense. Governments around the world finally recognize the role of vaping in tobacco harm reduction.”
8. What is the most interesting thing you have learned at RELX?
I learnt that so much effort (and investment) goes into the development of a RELX e-cigarette. The fact that it’s so deceptively simple speaks to its design that has purposefully made the technology invisible to the user.
Komentari će biti odobreni pre prikazivanja.